Thursday, August 9, 2012

Just Dance

So my wee little one is almost 3 months old, which means that I am getting super excited about returning to my old weight.  At this point, my diet and exercise regime should be melting the pounds off me.  Unfortunately, they're not. I blame the fact that I'm almost 30 for my severe lack of metabolism.:)

ANYWHO...

I decided to change up my aerobics to confuse my muscles and yadda, yadda, yadda.  Not even looking at the cover, I rented a dance video from my library; Julianna Hough: Just Dance.  Sounded easy enough.  And in my head, it would be super fun.  Perhaps I'd become an amazing dancer with my killer moves. Maybe if I conquered this video, I could take one of those pole dancing classes are the rich housewives take.

So tonight I was all set to go. Kids are in bed.  Dishes are done.  House is close enough to clean as it's gonna get.  I'm so stoked that I'm even foregoing watching the Bears play their first pre-season game tonight.  See how determined I am?? See?

Yea.  No.  I can't dance for shit.  Julianne, however, was awesome.  I couldn't even move my hips because I was watching her.  "Wow, she has awesome abs."   "Wow, how do her legs move that far back?"  "Wow, so I just need to rotate here and thrust here and I'm doing the snake??"

Needless to say, I got 5 minutes and forty seconds (five minutes being the warm up) into the work out before I gave up altogether.

I. Just. Can't. Dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment